Faculty of Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology Faculty
Background of the Faculty
The faculty of Engineering and Technology is one of the 5 faculties in Mettu University. Currently, the faculty enrolling more than 1500 students. The faculty teaches/traines undergraduate coursework in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Construction Technology and management, Information Technology and Computer Science.
Facility and services
- Computer centers: three computer labs consisting of 60 PCs which are connected through LAN networks enables the students to practice computer programs as well as on Auto Cad and Mat lab programs.
- Laboratories and workshops: there are about four laboratories and workshops which are functional for eight hours daily.These laboratories and workshops are very important to fulfill the demand of innovative, highly skilled, practical-oriented, entrepreneurial, and ethical human resources in the various fields of Engineering and Technology.
Future plans (strategic direction)
- Facilitate specialization within undergraduate degree requirements in areas that are appropriate for effective improvement of engineering and technology in Ethiopia.
- The faculty is planning to enroll postgraduate program in the various fields of Engineering and technology.
- Expand relationships with senior colleges and universities, industries, government, and other academic partners for increased participation in experimental learning (e.g. internship, industrial visit, laboratories) and placement opportunities.
- Lounching the E-learning program in order to facilitate the teaching learning process.
- Expand the national and international presence of our program through quality research, capable alumni and international partnership.
- Preparing the Annual National Conference and scientific paper publication for Engineering and Technology disciplines