Public and External Relations Directorate
Mettu University's Public and External relation Office was established in 2012(GC) to facilitate the internal and external communication of the university. Its very objective is to facilitate the communication among the internal community and external as well. The office is responsible for the publicizing the activities of the university.The office is one of those offices reporting to the president of the university. It also functions the advisory role to the president in over all communication affairs.
The office has the following Aim, objectives and activities.
- support and promote positive communications within the university and mutually beneficial engagement with external stakeholders;
- manage and arrange events, celebrities,symposium, activities and services that are important to the life, reputation and smooth running of the University; and
- To administer the University’s corporate communication strategies;
- To understand the University’s essential characteristics and communicate them clearly and consistently;
- To promote the University’s activities and achievements and challenge misconceptions and misrepresentations where necessary;
- To assemble and disseminate internal information that is of interest and value to the university community and that supports change management;
- Website development,
- Events and workshops facilitation
- Marketing and advertising
- External Relation team
- Office assistance team
- Promoting international cooperation
- Disseminating information about Mettu University to the insiders and outsiders as well
- Preparing and disseminating information about study abroad for staff and students.
- Organizing international workshops, seminars and symposia etc.
- Administering international agreements and memorandum of understanding.